Friday, October 14, 2011

believe it or not, i'm named after a folk song~

Seriously, me.
No one believes me because my adoptive parents are so...well, conservative. Shouldn't I be named something like Sister Mary Agnes Joan of Arc Berthold?
But just to prove the utter gorgeous cheesiness of it all I, Emily Suzanne, have finally researched and found the guy who wrote the song that led to my name. His name's Mac Davis, he apparently wrote a lot of Elvis' songs. I remember holding onto that vinyl and dancing to this song when I was a wee tot, playing it over and over and over again; my poor dad getting worried I was gonna ruin the needle on his record player.

The lyrics really are kinda sweet. Ok, a little weird, but sweet.

(Oh dear god, what I have just done?!)


1 comment:

  1. Awww.. What a sweet song! (I got a think for this beat of music)

    ReplyDelete